Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Who killed John Morgan Potter? I ran across the death certificate of John Morgan Potter.
John Morgan Potter was born Feb. 25, 1884 and died Sept. 19, 1936. He was 52 years and 6 months and 24 days old. He was divorced. He had been married to D. Elizabeth Dingus. John Morgan Potter was born in Kentucky, most likely in Letcher County. He resides in Potter, Lawrence County, KY. He is the son of Elizabeth Anderson and Isaac Potter.
The informant is Martin Potter from Potter,KY. John is buries in Potter Cemetery Sep. 21st, 1936. The undertaker was H. H. Curtright, Louisa, KY. Signed by W. J. Roberts on Sept. 30, 1936.
"The principal cause of death and related causes of importance in order of onset were as follows:
Jury Verdict of Homicide."
"If death was due to external causes (violence) fill in also the following: Homicide.

Signed by Frank Nunley, J.P.

I read somewhere that John Morgan's father Isaac "Ike Shooter" Potter had been involved somehow with the KKK and that his father Isaac Potter, Sr. told him that if he didn't get out of Letcher County, something bad was going to happen to him or his boys.
I also heard that the another son of Ike Shooter was murdered but as of yet I can't confirm it. I hope that someone out there will help me find out what happened to John Morgan Potter.
Adeline, KY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home